Gustavo Fring is the owner of a chain of restaurants–Los Pollos Hermanos. He looks like an ordinary guy but he’s actually a major player in the drug trade. Looking at the guy you’d think he was just your typical work-a-holic franchise owner who gives back to the community. But the man can be ruthless.
A Gus Fring costume could be a well fitted suit or maybe a yellow button down shirt with a blue tie, which he usually wears while working at one of his restaurants. However one costume to me would stand out the most. It’s based on a scene from the episode titled “Box Cutter”.
First thing you would need is the orange rain coat. After some detective work, it looks like the orange rain coats worn on the show are actually Haley Hanson raincoats. If you look at the screenshots, the tags are blacked out on the show but they are at the same exact spot as the real coats. I think it’s probably because they didn’t want to pay a fee to HH:
- Helly Hansen Men’s Mandal Jacket = $35.75
- Helly Hansen Work Wear Tvedestrand Waterproof PVC Bib Pant = $30.99
There’s other options:
- Carhartt Men’s Lightweight Waterproof PVC Rain Coat = $67
- Carhartt Men’s Lightweight Pvc Rain Bib = $57
- Tingley Rubber Med Org Rainsuit S63219.Md Rainwear Rainsuits = $16.09
- Texsport Men’s Workforce Three Piece P.V.C. Rainsuit = $26.99
- Rugged Rain Suit = $18.95
You don’t need them but you can put on some rain boots also:
- Tingley Rubber 31144 15-Inch Knee Boot = $27.44
- Tingley 31151 Economy SZ10 Kneed Boot for Agriculture, 15-Inch, Black $17.67
Next, you’ll want to pick up a utility knife (this is optional, depending where you’re going). Gus uses a green one on the show:
- Interlock High Visibility Retractable Utility Knives = $6.77
- Lutz 30482 #82 Safety Nose Retractable Blade Utility Knife – Green (82-GR) = $8.99
- IRWIN 2082300 Utility Knife Standard Retractable Hi Vis = $7.31
- Revell Utility Knife With Retractable Blade = $3.98
- Stanley 10-099 6-Inch Classic 99 Retractable Utility Knife = $6.76
Cheapest option would be picking one up at your local dollar store. I recommend you remove the blade before you go anywhere. Obviously in some situations it would be better to leave the utility knife at home.
Next thing I recommend is picking up some fake blood. Splash some of it on your rain coat and maybe some on your face.