Walter White and Jesse Pinkman are often shown making their blue meth in the lab. Usually they’re shown wearing their Tyvek safety hazmat suits and gas masks. This would be a very recognizeable costume to wear.
First you need the hazmat suit. On the show they originally used real Tyvek hazmat suits but the actors would overheat under the lights of the show. That’s when the costume director made the new yellow suits that the actors used on the show.
The yellow suits are costlier:
- Tychem BR Hazmat Suit Chemical Protective Clothing W/ Attatched Gloves & Booties, Zipper Front Closure & Removable Hood. Includes Kevlar Glove Liners = $124.99
- Hazmat Hazard Adult Costume = $38.49
- Tychem Coveralls in Yellow = $10.50
The original Tyvek suits are relatively cheap:
- DuPont TY127S Disposable Elastic Wrist, Ankle & Hood White Tyvek Coverall Suit 1428, Size XLarge = $5.49
- Florida Coast 44-1428XL Superpolymer Premium Disposable Coveralls – One Size Fits All = $11.72
Next pick up a gas mask. These are the actual masks and filters used on the show.
- 3M Full Facepiece 6000 Series, Reusable – Size: Medium = $101.99
- 3M Organic Vapor/Acid Gas P100 Cartridge 60923 (2 Pack) = $20.99
The cheapest options I’ve seen are: