Walter White and Jesse Pinkman are often shown making their blue meth in the lab. Usually they’re shown wearing their Tyvek safety hazmat suits and gas masks. This would be a very recognizeable costume to wear.
First you need the hazmat suit. On the show they originally used real Tyvek hazmat suits but the actors would overheat under the lights of the show. That’s when the costume director made the new yellow suits that the actors used on the show.
The yellow suits are costlier:
- Dupont X-Large Yellow Tychem QC Chemical Protection Coveralls = $13.25
- Dupont Large Yellow Tychem Qc Chemical Protection Coveralls = $12.70
- DuPont QC127S Tychem Fabric Protective Coverall with Hood, Disposable, Elastic Cuff, 2X-Large, Yellow = $8.53
- DuPont TY122S Disposable Elastic Wrist, Bootie & Hood White Tyvek Coverall Suit 1414, Size Medium $7.02
- Tychem Coveralls in Yellow = $13.60
The original Tyvek suits are relatively cheap:
- DuPont TY127S Disposable Elastic Wrist, Ankle & Hood White Tyvek Coverall Suit 1428 = $6.86
- Florida Coast 44-1428XL Superpolymer Premium Disposable Coveralls – One Size Fits All = $7.91
Next pick up a gas mask. These are the actual masks and filters used on the show.
- 3M Full Facepiece 6000 Series, Reusable – Size: Medium = $90.52
- 3M Organic Vapor/Acid Gas P100 Cartridge 60923 (2 Pack) = $17.83
The cheapest gas mask options I’ve seen are:
- IIT 91440 Twin Cartridge Respirator with Safety Goggles = $8.50
- 3M 6291 Half Facepiece Respirator Assembly Medium with P100 Filters = $14.99
- Anti-Dust Paint Respirator Mask Industrial Gas Chemical = $11.64
Maybe add in some rubber gloves to finish the look: